]]>

« Home | Not so motivated right now. » | Whew. » | 14 Hours » | It's time to go home. » | Finals Dispatch #8 » | Finals Dispatch #7 » | In the thick of it. » | Finals Dispatch #6 » | A good day for mail. » | Finals Dispatch #5 »

Thursday, December 16, 2004

Motivation Update

I've accomplished virtually nothing today. I sort of wish I'd just given up from the beginning, watched a few DVD's, and slept. Actually, I did get a little work done this afternoon and I went to a mildly helpful review session. Other than that, I've found many ways to not relearn crim:

Phone Calls: Three friends, my brother & my mom. I'll be seeing them all soon, so that's exciting. Also, my brother gives the world's best advice. I seriously doubt I'll follow any of it, but it's fun to hear.

Email: When someone emails, you have to repsond, right?

Shopping: This was coerced. A friend talked me into helping him shop for a gift for his girlfriend. Well, it was sort of coerced; looking at jewelry's not a terrible way to kill some time. Along the way, I found the Patagonia store in SoHo. That's probably dangerous.

TV: This one's completely excusable. Chrismukkah on The O.C. is an unmissable television event.

Chores: I've basically been living in squalor and now seems like as good a time as any to start packing.

Miscellany: I've spent a fair amount of time staring blankly out my window. I think my brain needs the downtime to figure out which stuff from a semester's worth of civil procedure it needs to keep and which things can be purged.

Sleep: Despite getting more sleep last night than I've had in weeks, I'm exhausted and hitting the hay early tonight. Before midnight. Craziness, I know, but desperate times call for desperate measures.

Tomorrow will be better. It has to be. I may even return to the law library. Maybe I can glean some motivation from other students. For now, a great song just came on (In Spite of All the Damage - The Be Good Tanyas) and I've got some staring to do.



E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment

 
eXTReMe Tracker