]]>

« Home | Finals Dispatch #7 » | In the thick of it. » | Finals Dispatch #6 » | A good day for mail. » | Finals Dispatch #5 » | Final Dispatch #4 » | I just had a rather silly moment. » | Finals Dispatch #3 » | Finals Dispatch #2 » | Finals Dispatch #1 »

Sunday, December 12, 2004

Finals Dispatch #8

I'm sick of the format I've been using for these dispatches. Also, last night I briefly posted a fairly incoherent dispatch so I think it's time for a change. Maybe I'll use that format again, but not for a while.

I'm back at the undergrad library and it's virtually empty. It's 8:45 on a Sunday morning, I guess that shouldn't be a surprise. With the unprecedented table vaccancies, I've found a new favorite window and table. I'm on one of the lower levels, so I can watch the people in the park.

My goal is to finish the take-home essay part of my procedure test before lunch. I think that's doable. We got the essay assignment over a week ago and I immediately had an idea of what I wanted to write about. Since then, I've been letting that idea, uh, percolate.* My thesis has been progressing nicely. I've mainly been thinking about the essay between doing other things and I realized yesterday that nearly all of that progress has happened while I've been walking outside. As I was sketching out an outline last night, I had to stop for a few minutes to remember a really good idea I'd had a few days ago walking back from the library. So, if I get stuck this morning, I think I might head outside for my own stroll through the park.

I also realized last night that I've been using things like doing laundry and going to the gym as "rewards" for productive studying. If I get enough done today, tonight I get to go to the gym and vaccuum my room. Wish me luck!



* I just looked up "percolate" in the dictionary to verify it meant what I wanted. It does. I also found out that its latin root word is "colare" meaning "to seive." Colare is also the root of "colander." I never would've made the connection between those words, but it totally makes sense. Ah, fun times with the dictionary.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment

 
eXTReMe Tracker