]]>

« Home | Giddy. » | Things that made today awesome. » | Well, I'm done. » | This has to be a good sign. » | The unthinkable has happened. » | I think I've figured out my problem. » | Oh Lord. » | Motivation Update » | Not so motivated right now. » | Whew. »

Friday, December 24, 2004

The downside of conservation.

Right now, it's warmest it's been since I've been home (6 degrees, last night it was -13). As someone who has had to pay utility bills, I can appreciate how expensive it must be for my parents to keep our house warm. At the same time, though, I don't really understand why they, under the guise of coservation, insist on keeping the house at a consistently chilly 60 degrees. Right now, I'm wearing a thick wool sweater (so thick I don't even wear it in NY because it's too warm) and I'm still shivering. I think my parents just like to see my teeth chatter and tease me about my "blood going thin" out east. My friend Hans Brix had a post about this when she was home for Thanksgiving Break, so maybe it's just a middle-age parent thing.

At this point, the overheated stores at the local mall seem like a better alternative. So, I'm going out to make one last (probably futile) stab at finding a present for my brother. What would you get a 21 year-old frat boy? Okay, you're right, the answer's obvious. Forget the mall, I'm headed to the liquor store.

UPDATE: Found a suitable and slightly alcoholic gift for my brother. House is still frigid; gloves may be necessary.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

I think our parents may have been seperated at birth. Mine seem to think that a fire in the fireplace is enough to heat the house. Also, I was just told to put more clothes on if I'm so cold. I'm wearing fleece pants, 2 pairs of wool socks, and a cashmere poncho (it's a hot look, I know). What else can I possibly put on? Seriously, I'd be willing to give up supper if it means we can turn the heat on in the house.

Add a comment

 
eXTReMe Tracker