]]>

« Home | No more interviews! » | The morning's conversation with the guy at my apar... » | Three-day weekend and not a lot of homework. » | Okay, I think I'm going to stop now. » | Thinking of home and other stuff. » | This morning's bloody mary was a necessity. » | Ew. » | There's a reason I try not to turn on my TV. » | I miss being on a team. » | A lovely Valentine's Day despite having no Valentine. »

Saturday, February 26, 2005

The word of the week is "relaxed."

This week was, by far, the easiest week of law school. We had Monday off for President's Day, an abbreviated Tuesday schedule, no classes on Wednesday, a last-minute Torts cancellation on Thursday and today our Property professor generously decided not to assign any new reading for Tuesday's class. All this means that I only have one reading assignment that needs to get finished this weekend.

Don't worry, I've got some stuff that should be reread and some charts to make, but I still feel like I'm going to end up with more free time than I deserve. Already today, I made time to go to Central Park with a friend to see The Gates (I saw them when I ran the race two weeks ago, but didn't get a chance to take any pictures). We then had dinner at Whole Foods salad bar, which I love. Our conversation was fun, too; the friend is one of the few people I know at NYU who's from the Upper Midwest, so despite growing up several hundred miles away from each other and in different states, we've got a lot in common. For instance, we share a mutual appreciation of crock pots.

This evening I went to a jazz club in the West Village. The music was good -- mellow and relaxing. So relaxing, that I'm now fighting to stay awake. How tired am I? Well, a group was headed to Kenka, one of my favorite places and I passed on joining them. I'm looking forward to a nice long sleep.

I'm also looking forward to the rest of the weekend. Having had such a low-key week, I'm actually kind of excited to attack some of review homework I've planned for Sunday. Also, a friend/co-worker from the Senate is in town for the weekend and I'm sure she'll have good stories to tell. The Middle Eastern Law Students Association's hosting a dinner tomorrow and the Black Allied Law Students Association's hosting a Soul Food Dinner on Sunday. To top it all off, there's the Oscars. I really wouldn't mind if I kept having super-relaxed weekdays and busy weekends; it's a good way to live.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment

 
eXTReMe Tracker