]]>

« Home | The snow's not so much fun anymore. » | I need some advice. » | The word of the week is "relaxed." » | No more interviews! » | The morning's conversation with the guy at my apar... » | Three-day weekend and not a lot of homework. » | Okay, I think I'm going to stop now. » | Thinking of home and other stuff. » | This morning's bloody mary was a necessity. » | Ew. »

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Feeling a little moochy.

I had a free lunch, free dinner and many free drinks yesterday. Actually, I don't feel very moochy about the first meal; a few friends and I signed up last week to have lunch with one of our professors and NYU provides the funding (which, of course, means I provided the funding). I'm glad we signed up; the professor was friendly and engaging and willing to answer our seemingly endless questions about law school and about becoming lawyers. We ate at the Cordelia Street Cafe and the food was good. It turns out Cordelia Street is just a hop, skip and a jump from the law school and my apartment, yet I'd never been there.

Last night, I decided to attend another law firm reception. I couldn't remember if I'd signed up for it and a group of friends were headed over at the same time, so I went along. I arrived and found out I hadn't signed up (which was no problem, just meant my nametag wasn't pre-printed). The event was held at Butter and the food was fantastic (better than I remembered from Restaurant Week). The drinks were also very good, and plentiful. I left happy (I'd had at least five drinks) and full. And, most of the lawyers I talked to were down-to-earth and seemingly content with their jobs and lives. Actually, I'll probably sign up to interview with them during next summer's Early Interview Week, so I don't feel too moochy about their free food and drinks, either. Just ingnore my title, I've talked myself out of it.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment

 
eXTReMe Tracker