]]>

« Home | Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy Anniversary! » | It's that time of the semester. » | The Badlands really are amazing. » | The grindstone. » | Law prom: UPDATE » | Law prom » | I spent most of my night » | I'm not a good singer. » | I was supposed to do homework last night. » | It's official, I'm insane. »

Thursday, November 10, 2005

The soundtrack of my life.

Well, I've finally joined the rest of the world and purchased an iPod. I love it. I've always thought my life was exciting enough to merit it's own soundtrack, and now I've got one.

Actually, I'm a little worried about taking the soundtrack thing a bit too far. Nearly every big event of my life has a song. My eighth grade class trip to DC? Ace of Base's "I Saw the Sign." The national high school debate tournament? Semisonic's "Closing Time." My first roadtrip involving the Jersey Pike? Springsteen's "Born to Run." What's more, once a song is connected to a moment, I can't hear it without the memory ever again.

My worry with the iPod is that I'll start allocating song memories haphazardly. Suddenly, I'll have "got offered drugs in Washington Square Park" and "got stuck behind a group of slow walkers on the sidewalk" songs. I've got to be careful. This thing should come with a warning.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

I went to D.C. in 8th grade too! Do you think that was a Midwestern thing? What about, a "the strange homeless man is hitting on me song." I have a few of those.

Add a comment

 
eXTReMe Tracker