]]>

« Home | A long day » | As long as I'm discussing my favorite things » | Fishs Eddy » | I heart New York » | "Goodbye nice girl, enjoy your soup!" » | Peer Pressure » | The most fun thing I did today. » | A grown-up when I want to be. » | Happy Thoughts » | Thank you, but I don't need another MMR shot. »

Sunday, November 21, 2004

I wish I'd had my camera.

Last night, I had a postcard New York moment. I'd met up with a friend to do some grocery shopping (the excitement of my life knows no bounds) and we decided to do some brief browsing at Bergdorf's. After leaving the store, as we were walking on 59th Street toward Columbus Circle, I found myself caught in what I'll now always think of as "Thanksgiving in New York." On my right, a storm of huge yellow leaves were blowing off of the trees in Central Park and catching the light of the street lamps. Accross the street, on my left, workers at the Plaza Hotel were hanging long strands of garland and Christmas lights. It was very much the kind of moment I'd imagined I'd have as a New Yorker. You know, the kind I've read about in books and seen in movies. It's nice to have the actual experience in my pocket.



E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment

 
eXTReMe Tracker