]]>

« Home | As long as I'm discussing my favorite things » | Fishs Eddy » | I heart New York » | "Goodbye nice girl, enjoy your soup!" » | Peer Pressure » | The most fun thing I did today. » | A grown-up when I want to be. » | Happy Thoughts » | Thank you, but I don't need another MMR shot. » | I'm not homesick. »

Sunday, November 21, 2004

A long day

My college friends who were visiting spent a couple of nights sleeping on cots in my kitchen (these NYU apartments are pretty small and we don't have living rooms). Last night, one of them met up with some co-workers from his last job who are now living in New York. I went to sleep before he returned, but I left my cell phone next to my head assuming he'd call when he needed to be let in to the apartment. Well, it turns out his cell phone was dead and he tried knocking several times, but neither I nor anyone else in the apartment heard him. Being industrious, he wandered around until he found the computer lab and there, curled up in a corner, he spent the night. He was eventually awoken by a security officer and made up some excuse about falling asleep while he was studying. Luckily the security guy, who has probably seen far more bizarre things over the years, didn't kick my friend out of the building. I woke up this morning when he tried knocking on my door again.

After that, I said a temporary farewell to both friends -- they're in Boston for a few days, but will be back here briefly next week and went to the gym. I then came back to my apartment and spent most of the day at my desk trying to wrap my head around Contracts. I'm feeling pretty solid on the individual concepts, but for some reason I'm not making all the connections among them. In most of the things I've studied or worked on, my comprehension of the "big picture" has happened in a flash. Don't misunderstand, I'm not saying I understand everything immediately, it's just that when things finally start to click, it happens quickly (in my college statistics class, for example, it happened about four hours before the final). So, while I'm nervous about finals right now, I'm not too stressed. Yet. If I'm feeling this same way two weeks from now, I'll be in trouble.

Late this evening, I watched Love Actually with some friends. That was fun. We made plans to watch the entire BBC Pride and Prejudice miniseries together next semester. It's five hours long, so that's a big commitment. I'm just happy no one thought I was a geek for owning the miniseries. Ahh, law school, a place where geeks can feel at home.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment

 
eXTReMe Tracker