]]>

« Home | When it rains, it pours. » | I ♥ the Senate* » | Sigh. » | I'm regressing. » | Second-guessing ourselves. » | What a lazy day. » | Hmm . . . not sure what to make of this. » | I'm a runner! » | I shouldn't be allowed in law school. » | I applied to my first law firm today. »

Thursday, January 20, 2005

I've not paid any attention to the news today.

The Head Kid has already posted about our presence at the last presidential inauguration, but I'm still going to mention it quickly. I sort of dislike admitting it, but four years ago, I did attend Bush's first inauguration. Despite being at the front of the crowd and paying very close attention to the proceedings, I remember absolutely nothing from his inaugural address. That seems sad, but appropriate. What I remember most distinctly from the day is walking past a protestor who was quietly sitting with an anti-Bush sign on some steps on the north grounds of the Capitol and hearing a very loud Texan yell at her, "You have nothing! Nothing! You hear me? Nothing!" Yeah, I heard you. Four more years. Yippee.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment

 
eXTReMe Tracker