]]>

« Home | Washington Square Park was especially charming thi... » | This was a fun, narcissistic distraction. » | Let's chat for a minute about my love of margarita... » | New stuff » | I'm a little distracted. » | A much-needed escape. » | Oh, I remember this feeling. » | Oh, sweet, sweet freedom. » | DC Trip #1 is over. » | And the weekend ends on a high note. »

Saturday, April 23, 2005

Yay, yay, yay!

At midnight last night, SeaAPea called to inform me that I can live at her apartment all summer. Then, after class this morning, I was greated by two emails informing me that Katherine Van Bora will be living with us for the last 5 or 6 weeks I'm in Berkeley. That fact that I get to live with two of my best friends from college this summer is mind-boggling. The three of us haven't lived within 1000 miles of each other since May of 2002 and in the past three years, we've only all been in the same place at the same time twice. To top it all off, the endeavor is going to be cheaper than I'd expected which means I can easily justify a trip back to SoDak for a wedding and a weekend in DC (thank you, Independence Air and your cheap, cheap flights).

I love it when my plans work out. Last summer, my cross-country road trip included almost a week in the Bay Area. I liked it more than I expected I to (certainly more than I like much of the East Coast) and I decided to include California in my summer job search. However, I kind of expected to end up in DC or Minneapolis by default. Instead, thanks to a couple of good interviews and a lot of luck, I'm actually working in the Bay Area, at a job I'm jazzed about, while living with two great friends. Needless to say, I'm a little overwhelmed with gratitude right now.

So, that's my most recent cheerful, good news. The less cheeful news is that in the month before I get to Berkeley, I have to finish two outlines, take three finals, pack up my apartment, finish a law review write-on thing, and drive to California from South Dakota. No problem, right?


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment

 
eXTReMe Tracker