]]>

« Home | Happy Thanksgiving! » | Hurray! » | Take a tiny break » | Another reason to love the iPod. » | The soundtrack of my life. » | Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy Anniversary! » | It's that time of the semester. » | The Badlands really are amazing. » | The grindstone. » | Law prom: UPDATE »

Monday, November 28, 2005

Blizzard!

It's been snowing in South Dakota. My mom didn't have school today and South Dakota Magazine reports that cancelations were happening all over the state. Lately, I've found myself answering a lot of question about the severity of South Dakota's winters. It's pretty bad, but it's not unbearable, and I like to think living through 22 of them made me a little tougher than average. So, I'd be lying if said I wasn't looking forward to New York's first snow.*

Now that I've accepted a summer job offer in Southern California, I've started to question whether I could really give up seasons. Autumn's my favorite and from what I can tell, LA never gets sufficiently chilly or leafy. Also, call me crazy, but I think you need to experience some cold weather before you can truly appreciate a sunny summer day. Apparently, I'm not the only one who's questioned whether California lives up to its hype. South Dakota Magazine also reports that more and more Californians are looking to move away from the Golden State. If California does manage to suck me in this summer, it'll be interesting to see how long I last there. I'm thinking there's a pretty good chance I'll eventually find my way back to the upper midwest.


* Although, I'm completely okay with NY skipping the blizzard thing for a while. My hometown was hit with freezing rain, snow, icy roads, and heavy winds today. For a visual, check out The Public Opinion and The Argus Leader.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment

 
eXTReMe Tracker