]]>

« Home | Hurray! » | Take a tiny break » | Another reason to love the iPod. » | The soundtrack of my life. » | Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy Anniversary! » | It's that time of the semester. » | The Badlands really are amazing. » | The grindstone. » | Law prom: UPDATE » | Law prom »

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving!

I'll be having a quiet holiday here in New York, which is fine. School's been hectic and it will be that way for the next month, so it'll be nice to have a quiet day featuring a good meal. I'm already looking forward to going home for Christmas and like every year, I'm excited simply because I like "the holidays." That's actually one of the things I'm most thankful for this year. A lot of people don't love the holidays and often for good reasons. This season, unfortunately, reminds too many people of loved ones they lost and troubled times. It also has a knack for illuminating the flaws in relationships, especially familial ones. I'm lucky that I still feel like a kid on Christmas Eve. I'm lucky that despite having lost people that I love, Christmas reminds me more of how much I appreciate my family. And, I'm lucky that no life-altering trauma has ruined this time of year.

All that's what I'm thankful for right now, but I'm also really quite shallow, so I'm thankful for a number of things, too. Here's a few of them:
  • Grey's Anatomy
  • cupcakes
  • my new pajama pants
  • my iPod
  • Fresh Direct
  • pad thai
  • hooded sweatshirts
  • good beer


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment

 
eXTReMe Tracker