]]>

« Home | Hopluia! » | Oh yeah, I'm home. » | I'm not ashamed to admit » | Well now. » | Two down. » | Today was good. » | Well, that was anticlimactic. » | My room is a caffeine graveyard. » | Another picture from home. » | My parents live in a cozy little house »

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Happy New Year!

Well, I'm headed back to NYC tomorrow and I'm kind of sad to go. My time at home has been consistently mellow and I'm going to miss it. Not much has happened since my last post. I've finished a bit more of my paper. I thought for a day that my computer had been stolen, but it hadn't. I finished watching the second season of Arrested Development (oh, Motherboy). I made some pad thai. I did some great bargain shopping at my hometown mall.

Oh, and of the books I've been reading, I've found two that I'm willing to recommend. The first one is The Work of Wolves by Kent Meyers. It was South Dakota's "One Book" last year and so far, it's great. The second is Slouching Toward Fargo by Neal Karlen. The author followed the St. Paul Saints baseball team around a few years ago and the book is surprisingly good. The Saints are co-owned by Bill Murray and the season that Neal writes about features Darryl Strawberry during his "blackballed" hiatus from the major leagues. The Saints play in the somewhat kooky Northern League, of which the Sioux Falls Canaries are a part. Anyway, it's a fun book.

And that's that. I've got about 27 hours until I head to the airport and I expect it will be filled with research and laundry. Cheers!


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

I second the emotion (ahhh...doesn't that bring back happy hearts 4-h memories?) on The Work of Wolves. I can't put it down!

... the first "R"...

I hate reading. Come back and judge Fiesta next weekend!!!

Will the Arrow debate program be paying for my flight? No? I'll pass.

By the way, if a big brown melamine bowl turns up, can you let me know? It got lost in the judges' lounge during my first Fiesta and my parents are still upset.

I'll certainly keep an eye out for it. If you have email addresses of kids that were on the team when we were, please send them my way. mischket (at) wtn.k12.sd.us

I'm already paying for too many flights.

TM

Add a comment

 
eXTReMe Tracker