]]>

« Home | Tomorrow's not just Thanksgiving. » | Law school is a health hazard. » | I lost my glasses » | I wish I'd had my camera. » | A long day » | As long as I'm discussing my favorite things » | Fishs Eddy » | I heart New York » | "Goodbye nice girl, enjoy your soup!" » | Peer Pressure »

Thursday, November 25, 2004

At least I don't have to cook a turkey this year.

Thanksgiving is a great holiday. Lots of good food, lots of lounging, and in my family, lots of board games. This is the third year I won't be home for Thanksgiving and I'm more than a little sad about that. Over the past few months, I've finally accepted that missing out on things at home is something that's not going to change anytime soon. Indeed, in all likelihood, it will be a very long time before I'm willing or able to move back there. So, today I'm thankful for my cell phone which will allow me to play a very small part in the festivities taking place at my grandma's. I'm also thankful for my friends here who have helped plan some fun festivities of our own. I don't know what I imagined I'd be doing on my 24th Thanksgiving, but I doubt Greenwich Village or sake bombs were part of my expectations. So, the mere unexpectedness of today is probably something to be thankful for, too.

Thanksgiving really is a fantastic holiday (especially if you don't pay too much attention to the Pilgrim story). I wish everyone a lovely turkey and stuffing-filled day.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment

 
eXTReMe Tracker