]]>

« Home | Law school is a health hazard. » | I lost my glasses » | I wish I'd had my camera. » | A long day » | As long as I'm discussing my favorite things » | Fishs Eddy » | I heart New York » | "Goodbye nice girl, enjoy your soup!" » | Peer Pressure » | The most fun thing I did today. »

Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Tomorrow's not just Thanksgiving.

It's also the feast day for St. Catherine of Alexandria! Oddly enough, I've had a couple of conversations about Confirmation names in the past few days and while I was able to remember that I'd chosen St. Cate, I couldn't remember anything about her other than that she was some kind of scholar. I did a little research, and it turns out that I made a pretty prophetic choice back in the 10th grade. Not only is St. Cate the patron saint of female students, she's also a patron saint for lawyers because of her incredible oratorical skills (she was able to convert lots of pagan philosophers). I'd also thought that her feast day was in April, but it's actually November 25.

So, as you're feasting tomorrow, raise your glasses to St. Cate, who, by the way, the Catholic Encyclopedia lists as one of the "14 most helpful saints in Heaven." Catholics are so weird.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment

 
eXTReMe Tracker