]]>

« Home | Go team. » | My day's been a jumble of unrelated events. » | Feelin' the same way all over again. » | Merry Christmas » | The downside of conservation. » | Giddy. » | Things that made today awesome. » | Well, I'm done. » | This has to be a good sign. » | The unthinkable has happened. »

Friday, December 31, 2004

Quiet and Sleepy

Last night I typed up a nice, long post and just as I was about to post it, my parents' computer froze. It was late, so I went to sleep instead of retyping it. This morning, I'm in a bit of a hurry because I've got plans to meet friends in Sioux Falls. So, I'm condensing everything from last night's post into one paragraph (assume I had thoughtful and/or witty commentary on each event).

I spent Wednesday in Sioux Falls with college friends. Had a disappointing lunch (the food was disappointing, not the conversation), a sleepy afternoon watching Garden State, and a very good supper. That night, I stayed up late watching Arrested Development, my new favorite show, with my parents. Yesterday, I downloaded a lot of music, pretended to search for a summer job, and ran errands with my dad that included a stop at a junkyard in my hometown I never knew existed. I also saw Meet the Fockers. It was okay.

Today, I'm traveling to Nebraska to celebrate New Year's Eve small-town style. During the past several weeks, my New Year's plans have gone from elaborate to low-key and I'm relieved. Today and tomorrow will be the last times I'll get to do any real driving before I head back to school. The driving has been a very important part of my break. From the beginning, this trip has felt very different, but more enjoyable, than my past trips home. The driving has given me time to sort out what exactly has changed. What it comes down to, I think, is that it's me. I've changed. I'm hoping the trip to Nebraska will help me clarify all this and I might post more on it later.

Anyway, Happy New Year! Cheers!


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment

 
eXTReMe Tracker