]]>

« Home | Blue, Orange, Red » | At least I don't have to cook a turkey this year. » | Tomorrow's not just Thanksgiving. » | Law school is a health hazard. » | I lost my glasses » | I wish I'd had my camera. » | A long day » | As long as I'm discussing my favorite things » | Fishs Eddy » | I heart New York »

Saturday, November 27, 2004

I'm feeling eclectic.

One of my friends who visited me this week left 1300 new songs on my itunes and I've spent the last half-hour updating my "Favorites" playlist. It's a pretty good list. There are lots of classics (Neil Young, Bruce Springsteen, Johnny Cash), a nice country and bluegrass selection (Lucinda Williams, The Be Good Tanyas, John Hiatt), and even a bit of new music so I can pretend I'm hip (The Shins, The Postal Service).

The best part is that my roommate's still out of town, so I can sing along as loudly and obnoxiously as I want and as anyone who's heard me sing knows, that's something I should do only when alone. I'm currently singing Rocky Raccoon and am looking forward to whatever shuffle play presents next. Oooh, Minneapolis by Lucinda, it's a little depressing, but delightful.

I've really enjoyed having an empty apartment today. I haven't lived alone since senior year of college and while I've had three great roommates since then, not having to share is pretty fantastic. So yeah, I've got about seven days worth of new music and and the place to myself. If it weren't for the semester's worth of law I have to learn, this would be a great weekend.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment

 
eXTReMe Tracker